A region as broad and diverse as
Acadiana requires multiple forms of transportation to get people where they
need to go. For many of us, this means taking the bus. But this can sometimes
take an unexpected turn, in the form of serious accidents– that can cause
lifelong health problems.
Hopefully, neither you nor anyone
you love will ever find yourselves in such a situation. But, if it does, it’s a
good idea to talk to a bus
accident attorney. They can help you to get the compensation you deserve
for your medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
When bus trips go bad
For the most part, most bus trips
end with the passenger reaching their destination safely and without incident.
Unfortunately, the sheer size of
a public bus, combined with its heavy passenger loads, can make even the
occasional accident a devastating ordeal for its victims. Here are some
examples of what we mean, taken from recent news headlines:
- On January 5, 2020, five passengers were killed and more than 60 others hospitalized when a bus was involved in an accident while traveling through Pennsylvania. The tragedy involved the bus itself, three tractor-trailers, and a passenger vehicle.
- 15 passengers aboard a city bus in Arlington, VA, suffered injuries on December 5, 2019, after a wreck that included a pickup truck. Of those hospitalized, one was described as having “potentially life-threatening injuries.”
- In August of 2018, a bus was traveling across New Mexico when a side collision with a commercial truck killed eight passengers and injured 25 more. Several of the victims had to undergo surgery, and at least one suffered brain and spine trauma.
Finding out who is ultimately
liable for these collisions takes heavy-duty legal and investigative skills–
the kind that only a bus
accident lawyer can provide. But how do you choose the law firm to handle
your case? Here’s what to look for:
- Experience: For example, here at Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers—we’ve been
practicing law for more than 20 years, so we know our way around the Louisiana
- Ethics: A capable attorney is one who possesses both professional skill
and absolute integrity. Bart Bernard is a proud member of the State Bar Association
and the American Association of Justice, both of which demand the highest
ethical standards of their associates.
- Fact-finding ability: Legal matters are decided– based on
evidence. But sometimes the proof you need to back your case isn’t always
obvious. That’s why you need our team of Acadiana bus accident lawyers who know
how to uncover the truth, even when others try to cover it up.
- The right approach: We are
considerate of our clients– and cordial, but assertive with the other side. Look
for a practice that offers free consultations and works on contingency, so
you’ll never need to worry about paying big legal bills.
Contact us today
Get in touch with us today if we
can be of help. We look forward to hearing from you.