With a booming economy and bright prospects, it’s a great time to be a Broussard resident. But enjoying everything our city has to offer takes both confidence and a due sense of caution.
That’s because hazards like bus accidents can come at us out of the blue, inflicting physical injury and financial hardship.
As with most of life’s risks, the best way to deal with a bus accident is to prevent it from happening in the first place. With that in mind, let’s consider three precautions all of us should take while we’re out and about.
A four-step plan for avoiding bus accidents
Studies show that more than 63,000 bus accidents occur each year. Here are four tips for reducing your risk of being involved in one:
- Avoid using mobile devices while moving around: Smartphones and tablets can distract you at the worst possible times, like when a bus or other large vehicle is headed right at you.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing at night: Bus drivers can’t avoid what they can’t see. Making sure you’re easy to spot after sundown is important for your overall safety, especially in a crowded city environment.
- Give buses the extra room they need: No bus can turn, stop, or otherwise maneuver as easily as a small passenger car. Maintain a healthy distance from the bus unless you’re about to board it.
- Dress for the weather: Wet spots, overcast skies, and heavy winds can all make accidents more likely to occur. Wear slip-resistant shoes on cold or rainy days along with warm, water-resistant apparel.
What to look for in Broussard bus accident lawyers
While precautions are important, they’re not enough to prevent all accidents. That’s why it’s important to keep a bus accident attorney in mind. But how do you choose? Here are three things to remember:
- Bus accident law is a specialized field: Look for a personal injury attorney who focuses on busing accident cases. Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers is a great choice.
- Results speak louder than words: The best way to judge how well a bus accident lawyer will serve your needs is by looking at what they have done in the past. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients over the years, a fact which can’t help but inspire confidence.
- You should never have to pay an out-of-pocket fee: The last thing a bus accident victim needs is a big legal bill to worry about. That’s why we offer free consultations. We also work on contingency, so our clients never have to worry about getting a bill.
Contact us today
If a bus accident has impacted you or someone you love, contact us today for a free consultation. Hit Hard with Bart Bernard™.