Harvey has always had a strong connection
to the world of transportation. Take, for example, the nearby Intracoastal
Waterway. But sometimes even the safest forms of transportation can become dangerous—
such as a large truck that is out of control, causing devastating damage. Has
this happened to you? If so, then we have good news. A truck accident
attorney can help you to receive the compensation you justly deserve.
Contact the Bart Bernard team of Harvey truck accident lawyers today to put the
process in motion.
The troubling facts about large truck accidents
The trucking industry is a big
part of what makes America the land of opportunity. But the sheer size and
cumbersome design of these vehicles can make it very dangerous to share the
road with them. Here’s why:
- Blind spots: Truckers are often unable to see what’s right in front of them. Sometimes this problem is made worse by drivers who clutter their dashboards with books, empty containers, or other items.
- Extended turning radius: A large commercial vehicle requires extra space to execute turns or lane changes. Truckers are supposed to keep this in mind. But sometimes they forget.
- Braking distance: It takes a typical tractor-trailer up to 1000 yards to come to a complete stop. Unfortunately, sometimes drivers wait too long to apply the brakes, pushing the rig past traffic signals or stop signs.
- Unsafe practices: Federal regulations specify strict weight limits for commercial trucks. But some drivers may try to cheat the system by adding extra cargo, placing dangerous levels of stress on their axles, brakes, or tires.
- Driver fatigue, inattention, or irresponsibility: Most truckers do their best to practice safe driving habits. Unfortunately, many of them push themselves past their limits or try to multi-task while behind the wheel.
- Trucking company mismanagement: Trucking firms make their money by hauling freight. The more they carry, the more their profits add up. This can create a dangerous incentive to overload their trucks or overtax their drivers, putting public safety at risk.
The sheer weight and size of a commercial truck make accidents not only common but also catastrophic in many cases. In fact, studies show that almost 500,000 trucking accidents occur every year. Sometimes, sharing the road with tractor-trailers is a risky proposition indeed.
What Harvey truck accident lawyers can do for you
A truck accident
lawyer from our firm can help you receive the compensation you deserve
after a trucking accident. Here’s what you can expect from us:
consultation: It will cost you nothing to tell
us your story.
- No upfront
fees: We never charge unless you win
- Expert legal
representation: If we take your case, then we will
go to work right away on your behalf.
compassionate treatment: We give all
our clients the same respect and consideration we expect for ourselves.
Contact us today if we can be of
help. Remember: You’re Smart. Get Bart.™