Most Luling residents have used our public bus system at one time or another, either on a regular basis or as an occasional way to save time and gas.
Every bus passenger has the right to expect a safe, pleasant trip, and most of the time that’s exactly what happens. But the risk of a bus-related accident is always present, whether due to driver error, mechanical problems, or the carelessness of a passing motorist.
When you’re the one suffering due to the negligence of others, it’s good to know that a bus accident attorney is here to help you pick up the pieces. The trip to rebuilding your life starts by getting in touch with us today.
A problem that won’t go away
Public transportation has taken great strides in the past few years. But accidents remain all too common. The Department of Transportation (DOT) reports that 24,000 people were killed or injured in 2016 alone.
While no two accidents are alike, safety experts attribute most of these collisions to one or more of the following causes:
- Increased road traffic: The sheer number of motorists on our nation’s roads during a particular time of year can make bus accidents more likely.
- Driver fatigue: One study found that up to 80% of the costs associated with bus accidentscan be traced back to this problem. When drivers work too many hours or get too little sleep, innocent people often pay the price.
- Defective buses: Like other motor vehicles, buses are often recalled by the manufacturer due to safety defects. Unfortunately, these problems are sometimes caught too late, putting passengers at risk in the meantime.
- Other factors: This includes roadway hazards, distracted drivers, misrouted buses, and severe weather events. Anything that interferes with the normal operation of a public bus can lead to a serious, sometimes life-altering accident.
Enough about the problem; it’s time to discuss the solution. How can injured parties get the compensation they deserve for their injuries and suffering? It all starts by getting in touch with a qualified bus accident lawyer.
How Luling bus accident lawyers can help
Our attorneys possess special training in personal injury and transportation law. Here are some of the ways they can help:
- By standing up to unfair tactics from the other side: All too often, accident victims are coerced into accepting a paltry settlement for their injuries. We don’t tolerate this behavior where our clients are concerned.
- By building a strong case: The more facts you have on your side, the easier it will be to obtain your fair share of compensation. We excel at uncovering evidence because of our investigative experience.
- By letting you relax while we handle your case: We make it easy for our clients to focus on recovering from their injuries. We do this by offering free consultations, regular case updates, and contingency terms that means you’ll never have to pay an out-of-pocket fee.
Get in touch with us today to start the ball rolling. You’re Smart. Get Bart™.