Bus accidents can happen anywhere,
from a small town to a major city like our own New Orleans. When this occurs,
the steps you take next can make all the difference to your life.
That’s why it’s important to contact a Lousiana bus accident attorney from our firm– sooner rather than later. Taking this crucial step today can pave the way for a better, brighter tomorrow.
No room for error: why bus accidents are so devastating
Did you know that Americans took almost 10 billion trips on buses and other forms of public transportation in 2018 alone? The vast majority of those passengers arrived at their destination safe and sound.
Unfortunately, it only takes one accident
to cause immense harm, both to people and property. Here’s why:
- An unloaded bus can weigh 40,000 pounds or more: This is about 20 times heavier than the average four-wheel compact car.
- A typical city bus can carry more than 60 people at one time: This means 60 innocent people without seatbelts, airbags, or other common safety measures to protect them.
- Bus drivers are just as susceptible to drowsiness and distraction as the average motorist: Yet the consequences of a moment’s inattention on their part can be many times greater.
- Busses typically operate in densely packed urban centers: This means narrow streets, construction zones, and traffic coming from multiple directions. Taken together, these factors create prime conditions for a serious accident.
- A growing body of evidence suggests that public busses are less safe than ever before: Commonly cited reasons for this problem include inadequate funding and neglect of important maintenance.
Nothing can undo the harm caused
by this. But a qualified bus
accident lawyer can help you to move on with your life, by fighting to get
you the compensation you deserve for your injuries and suffering.
So how do you choose the right New
Orleans bus accident lawyers to handle your case? Look for the following
consultations: Why shell out your hard-earned money
to tell your story?
terms for accepted cases: Any law firm
worthy of your consideration will take your case on contingency. This means
you’ll never have to worry about out-of-pocket costs.
- Easy access: The last thing you need is to spend your time chasing down your
attorney to get a status update or an answer to a question. Look for a law
office that you can reach either online or by phone.
- Experience: Personal injury law is a specialized field that’s beyond the skill
set of many otherwise qualified attorneys. Look for a firm that focuses on
helping people like you.
- Track record: Look for established professionals with a history of obtaining
favorable results for their clients. After all, your wellbeing is too important
to risk on a newcomer.
We have been practicing law for more than 20 years, with a special emphasis on personal injury. Contact us today to arrange your free consultation.
You’re smart. Get Bart™.