DIY, or “do it yourself” has become a popular, modern mindset– many people expect to perform professional services on their own, and that includes representing themselves in car accident claims. There are many reasons Pineville residents are better off putting their accident lawsuits in the hands of an experienced car accident attorney.
Benefits of working with Pineville car accident
Whether you are injured on the highway headed into Alexandria, or in one of the many recreational sites in Kisatchie National Forest, you will need to be proactive in order to obtain full compensation for your accident. Here are some of the ways Pineville personal injury lawyers can maximize your financial recovery:
- Getting to work early – Insurance companies jump into action as soon as possible; if they can convince you to accept a low settlement right after the accident, they can prevent you from coming back to claim more money. Your attorney, however, will begin investigating your claim right way and advise you on how to protect your rights so that all of your damages – even future medical treatment – is accounted for and included in your claim for compensation.
- Only getting paid when you do – It is customary for accident lawyers to work on contingency – they do not charge a fee up front but only recover a portion of the compensation they secure on your behalf. This gives them the incentive to fight to maximize the amount you receive instead of accepting an inadequate offer just to settle the claim.
- Proving the facts and law you need to recover – Not only do you need to prove that the other party is liable for the crash, but you need to fight off allegations that you were to blame or that your injuries were not caused by the accident. Experienced injury attorneys understand what is needed to prove that you are entitled to receive compensation.
- Providing professional advice – Friends and family will undoubtedly offer plenty of advice on how you should handle your case. They mean well, however, their advice will often be based on emotion and not experience. Your attorney will remain professional and objective, providing informed counsel.
What to look for in an accident lawyer
The practice of law is
highly specialized; each practice area requires knowledge and experience unique
to that type of case.
When it comes to car
accidents, Pineville personal injury lawyers understand:
- Liability – Who was legally at fault under the circumstances, how to investigate the crash, and how to prove liability in settlement negotiations or court
- Insurance – Most often, it is the insurance companies that defend and pay out car accident claims so it is important to know how they operate
- Medical issues – How the claimed injury was caused by the defendant’s actions and how it will cause long-term impact
- Presentation and negotiation – Most injury claims settle before trial and the best way to ensure maximum compensation is to build a strong case, present it well, and be known for a willingness to take a case to trial when merited
At Bart Bernard Injury
Lawyers, we put our reputation and experience to work for you. Hit Hard with
Bart Bernard™ – call today to schedule a free, confidential consultation
with a Pineville car accident attorney.