Prairieville is one of Louisiana’s fastest-growing communities. One thing that makes our town so popular is our connection to the greater Baton Rouge area via the city bus system.
But any form of urban expansion brings growing pains, including the ever-present risk of bus accidents. Here are just some of the ways that an ordinary day can turn into an ordeal:
- Drowsy or distracted drivers: Maneuvering a motor vehicle through city streets requires constant attention. But our modern world is saturated with potential distractions like flashing billboards and smartphones. It only takes a moment’s carelessness for a driver to inflict needless suffering on innocent people.
- Blind spots: A modern city bus can weigh 20,000 pounds or more when filled. Supporting so much weight takes solid structural components such as corner posts and pillars, which can block the driver’s view and lead to collisions.
- Road debris or other street hazards: Disabled vehicles, potholes, crumbling shoulders, missing manhole covers, and burst water pipes can create unsafe conditions for city buses and their passengers.
- Cabs and other third-party drivers: The explosive popularity of services such as Uber™ and Lyft™ means that there are more vehicles on the road than ever before. The contractors that provide these services are not always up to the job, adding to the risks of an eventual accident.
As you can see, there are many possible causes of a bus-related accident. Sorting through the countless details takes heavy-duty legal and investigative skills.
That’s why talking to a Louisiana bus accident attorney is essential. Otherwise, key facts may be overlooked, weakening your case and robbing you of the compensation you need and deserve.
Prairieville bus accident lawyers can help you to put your life back together.
Many people think that the sole job of a bus accident lawyer is to plead a client’s case in court. In reality, however, courtroom procedures are only one of the many services that personal injury law firms typically provide. Here are some of the other ways they can help:
- By putting you in touch with skilled medical and rehabilitative professionals: For example, we can connect you with top physicians, counselors, and physical therapists. This can make all the difference in how your post-accident recovery turns out.
- By acting as your financial advocate: Anyone who has dealt with bill collectors knows how ruthless they can be. We can go to bat on your behalf with your creditors, giving you the breathing room, you need to focus on your wellbeing.
- By uncovering crucial evidence: We enjoy strong relationships with seasoned accident investigators, the kind you need to build a strong case.
The attorneys here at Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers have been helping accident victims just like you for over 20 years. Get in touch with us today to schedule your no-cost consultation.
Click Bart first. Call Bart first™.