Sulphur’s motto is “faith, family, community,” which pretty much sums up the spirit of our home. We’re always happy to help each other out when misfortune comes calling. Sometimes, however, this calls for expert help. If you or a loved one have been in a collision with a tractor-trailer or other commercial vehicle, it’s time to talk to a truck accident attorney. They can help you to pick up the shattered pieces of your life. Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers has been advocating for victims in the Pelican state for over 20 years.
How to stay safe
Of course, the best way to deal with an accident is to keep it from happening in the first place. With that in mind, let’s look at a few tips for staying safe while behind the wheel:
- Give tractor-trailers the respect they deserve: Of all moving vehicles, only a freight train is more powerful than a fully loaded big rig. Weighing up to 80,000 pounds, these behemoths roll down the highway at 50-80 miles per hour, sometimes faster. Give them a wide berth when you spot them on the road.
- Remember that truckers often can’t see you: You may have seen signs on the back of a trailer that say, “If you can’t see my mirrors, then I can’t see you.” It’s true. The sheer size of commercial trucks creates numerous blind spots. This is another reason to steer clear of them when possible.
- Remember that trucks need extra turning room: Those of us who drive four-wheel vehicles sometimes forget that tractor-trailers can’t turn on a dime. Failing to remember this important fact can set you up for disaster.
- Practice good driving etiquette: This is always sound advice. But it’s doubly true when tractor-trailers are nearby. Never cut in front of a truck, try to crowd it out of your lane, or come to a stop when it’s close behind. Use your horn only when necessary, never out of anger or impatience.
- Keep your vehicle in good shape; Breakdowns are never fun. When they occur near commercial trucks, the consequences can be deadly.
Why you need Sulphur truck accident lawyers
Sometimes you can exercise all the caution in the world and still end up in a wreck with a commercial vehicle. When that happens, a skilled truck accident lawyer can make all the difference in the world. Here’s how:
- By offering trustworthy counsel: Any decent person will do everything possible to help someone in need. But good intentions can also lead to bad advice. Only qualified Sulphur truck accident lawyers can provide the information you need to weigh your options.
- By going head-to-head with the other side if necessary: Sadly, accident victims don’t always receive the respect and consideration they deserve. Sometimes they’re pushed to accept a token settlement. Should that happen to you, it’s good to know that Sulphur truck accident lawyers know how to push back.
- By sending a clear message: The other side knows that accident victims who contact a trucking attorney are serious about fair treatment. Sometimes this is all that’s needed to create a good outcome.
Get the help you deserve
We understand what accident victims go through. That’s why we have helped so many people get every penny they deserve. Contact us today to arrange for a free consultation. It could be the first step to rebuilding your life.
You’re Smart. Get Bart.™