For many Thibodaux residents, public buses serve as their primary means of transportation. Others use this system as a handy way to save on gas. In most cases, everyone arrives at their destinations safe and sound.
But, when it comes to vehicles as large and powerful as buses, even a rare accident can have devastating consequences for its victims. These may include:
- Serious physical conditions: Including not only bruises and broken bones but concussions, spinal cord injuries, and, in many cases, partial or total paralysis.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): Doctors now know that PTSD can stem from many types of trauma, including bus accidents. It is a debilitating medical condition that can cast a shadow over even the brightest day.
- Cosmetic disfigurement: Most of us are unaware of how much our appearance affects our quality of life. But it only takes one misfortune to affect not only our social lives but our career prospects and even our self-esteem.
- Ongoing financial problems: The costs of treating conditions like those described above are often staggering. Over time, this can lead to crippling debt and ruined credit.
For all these reasons and more, we urge you to talk to a qualified bus accident attorney in Louisiana sooner rather than later. Otherwise, you risk missing out on the compensation you need to start your life afresh.
What to look for when considering Thibodaux bus accident lawyers
How do you choose the right bus accident lawyer? Here are some tips to guide your selection:
- Look for a Louisiana-based law firm: Laws and courtroom procedures vary widely from one state to the next. What seems right and proper in New York, for example, may be wholly inappropriate here in the Pelican State. Choosing a local attorney increases your odds of success.
- Never hesitate to ask tough questions: Any attorney will tell you that they are up to the job. The way to find out for sure is to ask about the lawyer’s track record and their years in practice. Overall, well-established firms are usually your best choice.
- Remember that personal injury attorneys are not created equal: In fact, the term “personal injury law” can cover a lot of ground. You need Thibodaux bus accident lawyers with expertise in handling your particular type of case. Otherwise, you may find yourself outmaneuvered by the other side.
- Resist the temptation to make a quick settlement: Bus companies and insurance firms are worried about their interests, not yours. Sometimes they pressure accident victims into signing away their rights in exchange for a token sum. In almost all cases, this leaves the person shortchanged and saddled with worries. That’s no way to make a fresh start.
Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers know that bus accidents wreak havoc with people’s lives. He’s spent his career helping people just like you to get the compensation they deserve. Contact his office today to set up your free consultation.