With its picturesque downtown and friendly people, Thibodaux is rightly known as the “Queen City of Lafourche.” This town is proof that people can come together to make things better for all of us.
One thing that marks a compassionate community is the way it reaches out to those who have suffered misfortune. And when that misfortune is a truck accident, you’ll want experience and integrity from your team of legal professionals. Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers has been advocating for the victims of the Pelican State for over 20 years.
Steps you can take to ensure a speedy recovery
If this has happened to you, here are some steps you can take as you are recuperating:
- Record everything you remember: This is important for two reasons. One, it can help you to look at your accident objectively, rather than being overwhelmed by emotion. Two, it can prove valuable later, should you find the need to prove your case in court or mediation.
- Use medications only as directed: Modern pain relievers can relieve suffering and promote recovery. Used in excess, however, they can lead to addiction and other serious problems. So always follow your doctor’s advice.
- Take some “me” time every day: Just because you’ve been in an accident doesn’t mean that your responsibilities go away. Work, family, friends, and other commitments all require your attention and effort. However, make sure you find time to rest and recuperate.
- Resist the temptation to accept a token settlement: The financial pressures after an accident can seem overwhelming. But settling for less than you deserve will only make things more difficult in the long run.
- Contact a truck accident attorney as soon as possible: You need the kind of expert objectivity that only trained Thibodaux truck accident lawyers can provide. Taking this important step also lets the other side know that you’re serious about receiving due compensation.
Choose the right lawyer
Once you’ve decided to seek legal representation, the next step is to choose the right truck accident lawyer. Here are some things to keep in mind during your search:
- Nothing beats experience: Thibodaux truck accident lawyers have special training that many otherwise qualified attorneys may lack. Choose a law firm that focuses on trucking and transport law.
- Never pay for a consultation: No truck accident law firm that’s worth trusting with your case will charge you a fee to hear your story. At Bart Bernard Injury Lawyers, we offer free consultations as a matter of policy.
- Choose a law firm that works on contingency: Basically, this means that the attorney collects no fees unless your case prevails. This important provision can give you valued peace of mind.
- Ask for regular updates: You should know whenever your case takes a step forward. Ask your attorney to keep you apprised of each significant detail. That way, you can be an active participant, not a passive observer.
You’re Smart, Get Bart™
Our attorneys have decades of combined experience representing truck accident victims. Over those years, we have recovered millions of dollars for our valued clients. Bart Bernard himself is a committed Louisianan who supports many worthy causes in the Pelican State. He’s known and respected for his expertise and his ethical approach to practicing law. Contact us today for a free consultation.